Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal – VCAT

If a town planning application is in dispute between the developer and the council or other stakeholders such as community members and neighbours, it may be necessary to apply to the Victorian Civil and Administration Tribunal (VCAT). They can make a final ruling on a planning matter.

St-wise can manage the VCAT application process on your behalf. This includes lodging the necessary paperwork, liaising with Council, sourcing referrals from authorities, dealing with objectors and preparing and presenting the written submission.

Our Director, Mark Waldon, regularly appears at VCAT. He has presented submissions in over 600 matters, including mediating planning disputes, advocating on behalf of a developer or presenting at VCAT as an expert town planning witness.

Mark has represented clients on various matters including dual occupancy proposals, apartment developments, commercial and industrial developments, and heritage-related matters.

Successful Appeals

To read some of our wins in detail at VCAT published on the Austlii website, click on the links listed below. Please note that not all VCAT decisions are listed on the Austlii website.

Contact St-wise to discuss your development project. We can provide initial advice about your project and information regarding Council requirements free of charge.