St-wise is here to help you navigate the complex laws and procedures of town planning for more positive outcomes, more often.

We understand that when it comes to council applications, permits and objections, the wait is half the battle. As a dynamic team of two, St-wise is committed to providing real-time responses to clients and keeping the cogs turning. No project gets left behind.

As experts in Town Planning services, we are in regular contact with councils and committees. We know the intricacies of the processes, laws and procedures so we can effectively assist developers, architects and individuals across residential, commercial and industrial developments.

Accurate Assessments

St-wise can markedly increase the chances of getting the Council to approve your town planning application. During an initial assessment, we can ensure your development or plans meet local and state government policies while minimising objections from neighbours.

Having overseen thousands of applications, St-wise will accurately pinpoint reasons why your initial application could face rejection and of course, work with you to make the necessary amendments.

The application process

Zine Studio
Zine Studio

We offer town planning support services for every Council across Melbourne

Having built strong working relationships with designers, architects, traffic engineers and industry trade professionals, we can also recommend personnel with proven track records to better your chances of obtaining that permit. Click here to find out more about the Town Planning Process.

get in touch

Our services
Pre-planning advice
Prior to making a commitment to purchase land or a new business, St-wise can prepare a detailed assessment of the site and provide you with important information. Pre Planning Advice
Town planning applications
Photo by: Beyond Design Group. St-wise provides professional advice and services relating to the development and use of land. We have extensive experience in all areas of town planning for both the public and private sectors. Town planning applications
VCAT representation
You may need assistance submitting a VCAT request so they make a ruling on a planning matter, especially when the developer and Council are in dispute. VCAT Representation
Land Rezoning
It can sometimes be necessary to modify the planning scheme relating to a given area in order to allow a land use or development to proceed. St-wise can help you with this process. Land Rezoning
Planning Objections
It can be daunting and upsetting to discover that a town planning application has been lodged at Council which you feel may impact on your way of life. We can help you with an objection application. Planning objections
We can speak or negotiate on behalf of the developer with Council or neighbours and others. Advocacy
Expert Witness
Sometimes a planning lawyer or town planner may call another experienced town planner as an expert witness at a matter to be heard before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). Expert Witness

Contact St-wise to discuss your development project. We can provide initial advice about your project and information regarding Council requirements free of charge.